The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-07 06:20:31

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

New Anti-Spam policy

In order to combat the recent tsunami of SPAM hitting the site, I have had to make a change to the registration process of the site.  It is no longer possible to register an account on the site with an automated process.  New members will have to contact me via email to register.

I realize this may discourage some "real" members, but I cannot help that.  I have been deleting literally dozens of Spam messages daily as of late, and that is taking up time I could be spending in more useful activities.  Hopefully this step will stop the flood.

(The registration page is now visible all the time, so if you want to see what it says, feel free to go look.)

This does not affect already-registered members in any way.  For them, this is merely an informational update.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2011-11-07 17:45:20

celf
Wasted

Re: New Anti-Spam policy

Eric
as you say i can see this may discourage some "real" new members,

BUT.

as an X Forum Admin my self i have to say this is a grate idea.
what get's me is why i did not think of it.
*faceparm*
guess i have been an X forum admin for to long now...
i have started to forget the stuff you can do as an admin. hahaha.

Board footer