The Woodward Academy, Year 8

All Natural Cure For Stopping Cold Sores In 3 Days! Search the Web and get Paid! Save Money by Building Your Own PC! Learn How!


The entire thread can be found here
2019-Apr-16 @ 7:03 PM
neolyn
Inebriated
Member since 2016-Feb-13
Posts: 63

Nice chapter !

Very satisfying in so many ways!

First thing first : Denise!

I'm glad to see Denise again, to see her and David all made up. I'm ever more glad at Gwen's reaction about her brother. She's not my favorite character for nothing. : D

It was nice to see Anne too. It's always nice to see any woman of this family.

I was surprised at Roy's reaction. I wonder if it would put an end to their marriage, it looks like the beginning of it to me.

All their children are out of the house and doing their own things there isn't really for the both of them to stay together. Except maybe the companionship and financial issue .

I wonder about Elie, does she know it's war ? Denise's and Roy talked about  moving to Gwen or Anne but not Elie . Is she completely out with the family ?

I wonder her own reaction to David offing  Nick.

When I commented for the previous chapter about David not telling Gwen about Nick, you said you forgot.
Did you put in in there because it was planned all along down the book or because it made sense story wise to do it ?

I'm a bit shocked at how quick Denise "deal" with Nick's death. (Not talking about the sex part, talking about acceptance of things)

I can't decide if the woman Olissa saw in her vision Zyla or Vivian. I'd bet on Vivian if I have to.

It's now July, soon it will be September and School will start. How will David deal with that. Stay in the army, be a Rimhor and study ? He does have a matter to settle with Emile after all.


Keep up the good work Eric ! And thank you for the read. After a failed interview for an internship in the morning this made my mood better, thanks again.


-----

2019-Apr-16 @ 9:40 PM
Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Member since 2006-Sep-13
Posts: 4215

neolyn wrote:

Nice chapter !
I was surprised at Roy's reaction. I wonder if it would put an end to their marriage, it looks like the beginning of it to me.

All their children are out of the house and doing their own things there isn't really for the both of them to stay together. Except maybe the companionship and financial issue .

Just throwing this out here... perhaps Denise leaves Roy and becomes David's Female Prime?  (Please note:  I am NOT saying this is what happens.  I'm just offering a possibility to... annoy the hell out of everyone with their wondering.  smile  )

I wonder about Elie, does she know it's war ? Denise's and Roy talked about  moving to Gwen or Anne but not Elie . Is she completely out with the family ?

Neither Denise nor Roy would willingly live in Earth: it's not an environment they know well or enjoy being in.  But I think it's safe to say that they're probably still peeved at Ellie... and more to the point, Ellie, being as pig-headed as she is, is probably still unwilling to talk to them.

I wonder her own reaction to David offing  Nick.

David honestly wouldn't give a shit about her reaction.

When I commented for the previous chapter about David not telling Gwen about Nick, you said you forgot.
Did you put in in there because it was planned all along down the book or because it made sense story wise to do it ?

Honestly?  I don't remember.  smile  Obviously, it advances the story for me to put it in there, which is why I did, but I really couldn't tell you if I had planned to do that, or if your comment forced me to reconsider it.  I'll let you take the credit, if you want.  big_smile

I'm a bit shocked at how quick Denise "deal" with Nick's death. (Not talking about the sex part, talking about acceptance of things)

Well, keep in mind that Denise is a very pragmatic person: she's staying in a relationship with a gay man, and having sex with other partners, because that's what is working for her.  She would probably have already considered at length why her son had broken off communication, and perhaps she had already expected he was dead from some unknown cause.

Next, realize how much she trusts David:  he's the only sex partner she has sex with "regularly".  (Obviously, not over the last couple years, but before that.)  So she is inclined naturally to believe David's version of events.  So the first mitigates her grief at hearing about the loss, and the second mitigates any anger she might have felt toward David... so all she's really left with is the stress of learning about it all.

I can't decide if the woman Olissa saw in her vision Zyla or Vivian. I'd bet on Vivian if I have to.

Or maybe it was Denise, and Olissa lied about not having seen her before, in order to prevent David from trying to guess...

It's now July, soon it will be September and School will start. How will David deal with that. Stay in the army, be a Rimhor and study ? He does have a matter to settle with Emile after all.

This is not David's decision to make.  David did not join the army voluntarily: he was conscripted.  He will remain in the army until the king releases him from that duty.  The king is unlikely to do that in the middle of a war, which looks like it will continue past the start of the school year...

Keep up the good work Eric ! And thank you for the read. After a failed interview for an internship in the morning this made my mood better, thanks again.

Sorry about the interview... glad I could brighten your day a little.

Thanks for the feedback,
Eric Storm


-----
Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes
2019-Apr-19 @ 10:01 PM
KaosKing
Inebriated
Member since 2014-Jul-5
Posts: 26

Hey Eric, is the Verdant Star medal that David receives a special variant, or an innocent mistake on the count of points? The image you provided has 6 points, but in the story it was stated to be five.


-----

2019-Apr-20 @ 1:33 AM
Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Member since 2006-Sep-13
Posts: 4215

You're seeing things.  *waves hand and speaks in slightly spooky voice*, "The book does not say 5.  This is not the typo you're looking for.  Be on your way.*

smile

It's supposed to say 6.  Callamandia does everything based on the numbers 3 and 6.

Eric Storm


-----
Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes
2019-Apr-20 @ 2:57 PM
neolyn
Inebriated
Member since 2016-Feb-13
Posts: 63

If the mystery Woman is Denise... honestly, I'm fine with it. Actually I'm fine with lot of women David dated even though I've my preferences.  Like Rose, she's a just an extra but she's really kinky ( apparently ringed nipples might be a fetish of me now.... >.>).

I always liked her. I didn't when everything blew up because Ellie is an idiot, but I understand her reaction, and I understand why it took her two years to properly  "apologize". Furthermore she's Gwen's mom. You can't really be bad people with an adorable daughter like that.

I say that but if I take a look at all her children... Anne was acting like a bitch, Ellie is a bitch and Nick is a fookin' traitor. It's a miracle Gwen turned out so well.

I guess it shocked me that Denise dealt with her son's death like she did because we didn't see her in years.. Wasn't use to her personality anymore I guess.

You dodged the question about Ellie's thoughts if she knew David was the one to kill Nick.
I'm wishing for a David x Gwen sex scene, but not if it means something happened to her or Jess.


I forgot David was conscripted. ^^" So solider, Rimhor and student at the same time... Can't see him graduating his 8th year this year.


-----

2019-Apr-20 @ 8:50 PM
Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Member since 2006-Sep-13
Posts: 4215

neolyn wrote:

If the mystery Woman is Denise... honestly, I'm fine with it. Actually I'm fine with lot of women David dated even though I've my preferences.  Like Rose, she's a just an extra but she's really kinky ( apparently ringed nipples might be a fetish of me now.... >.>).

I'll throw you all a bone, and say it is not Rose.  Rose was a character created specifically for Keeshaba.  Not that I have anything against Rose, but she's already served her purpose.

I always liked her. I didn't when everything blew up because Ellie is an idiot, but I understand her reaction, and I understand why it took her two years to properly  "apologize". Furthermore she's Gwen's mom. You can't really be bad people with an adorable daughter like that.

I say that but if I take a look at all her children... Anne was acting like a bitch, Ellie is a bitch and Nick is a fookin' traitor. It's a miracle Gwen turned out so well.

Anne was behaving out of fear, depression, and a lack of self-worth.  It is easier, when you're of that mindset, to push people away than to let them close enough to hurt you.  Ellie is mainly immature.  Being the youngest, she probably got babied for far too long, and wasn't taught to grow up.  (In other words, it's Denise's fault.)  As to Nick... well... "There's one in every family."  And as far as we know, John has turned out fine...

You dodged the question about Ellie's thoughts if she knew David was the one to kill Nick.

I did, didn't I?  smile

Think of that issue this way:  Ellie was so unconcerned about her family that she wouldn't even warn them that she was going to abandon all of them and move to Earth.  How do you think she would feel?

I'm wishing for a David x Gwen sex scene, but not if it means something happened to her or Jess.

I can't see why this would happen... and I've actually TRIED to think of a reason this would happen.  smile  I like Gwen, too, and she's one of David's best friends.  But she realized after their first time that she wasn't a "guy" girl, so I simply cannot see why she'd offer? ask? to have sex with him again.

I forgot David was conscripted. ^^" So solider, Rimhor and student at the same time... Can't see him graduating his 8th year this year.

If he's still a soldier, he will not be a student.  He will not actually be "in attendance" at the school during the war.  There is no rule that states that schooling must be consecutive.

Eric Storm


-----
Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes
2019-Apr-22 @ 7:43 PM
neolyn
Inebriated
Member since 2016-Feb-13
Posts: 63

I knew Rose was just an extra, David was very clear about their relationship, they are friendly but nothing more. I hope she has a good and  happy long life.

About Ellie, still it's her family, I know she's selfish and self-centered but I didn't know  she was to that degree.

John! I forgot about him, since we saw him like once ? Maybe twice ?

I can see one or two reasons for why it should happened... She IS Denise daughter after all...

So I get that Emile plot line will not be addressed anytime soon. Well that's a bummer.


-----

2019-Apr-22 @ 10:25 PM
Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Member since 2006-Sep-13
Posts: 4215

neolyn wrote:

About Ellie, still it's her family, I know she's selfish and self-centered but I didn't know  she was to that degree.

Once this level of pain starts within a family, once a break has occurred... these are often some of the very hardest wounds to heal.  Whatever she may have felt about Nick, her feelings for the family in general will color that and mute any grief she would have otherwise felt.

John! I forgot about him, since we saw him like once ? Maybe twice ?

Once.  He lives in Senesty, so he's not exactly in a position to appear frequently in the storyline.

I can see one or two reasons for why it should happened... She IS Denise daughter after all...

Perhaps you'd like to share, if you're actually interested in seeing a scene with her, because as I said, I've not come up with any logical reason for them to have sex again...

So I get that Emile plot line will not be addressed anytime soon. Well that's a bummer.

Talk about a non sequitur.  It actually took me about 30 seconds to convince myself this wasn't a typo...

No, you won't be seeing the Dailey Question resolved within the next few chapters.

Eric Storm


-----
Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes
2019-Apr-23 @ 2:00 AM
bigfoot
Inebriated
Member since 2016-May-6
Posts: 58

If you're looking for a manner in which Ellie can become involved back in the story, I have an idea. Ellie moved to NY/Earth to get the hell away from Dugerra. However, the reality of Earth is different from her expectations and she finds herself missing life in Dugerra. Then again, she is her mother's daughter and is stubborn enough to stay on Earth if only to deny her mother the satisfaction of an 'I told you so.'  So while on Earth, she winds up going to a club frequented by other Dugerrans where they talk openly about life in Dugerra (stories about the war, etc.,). At the club, she gets involved with a fringe group that has dealings with weres and overhears information about a planned military action against Callamandia. So, she heads back to Callamandia and meets up with David, relays the information and 'bumps' into her mother. Eventually, all is forgiven.


-----

2019-Apr-23 @ 2:44 AM
Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Member since 2006-Sep-13
Posts: 4215

I think it would be highly out of character for Ellie to be "longing for Callamandia", so to speak.  She hated living there.  She is a person who desires change.

It is far more likely that Ellie would move to NYC, Chicago, or LA, than that she would want to go "home".

As to your club... why would such a place exist?  If these people like Dugerra so much, why did they leave it?  And why are there enough of such people living in Albany, NY (I think it was), that they can form an underground club?  And how would these folks, who are living in Earth, know about the war or anything else going on in Dugerra?  Why would this fringe group be operating in Earth?  Why would they discuss their operations in an open gathering?  By open, I mean a group of people who had not been severely vetted for their loyalty to the cause.

If I wanted Ellie back in the story, doing so would be a very simple process.  She would simply have done some growing up over the last couple years, and decided to patch things up with her family.  Alternatively, she has done a little growing up, hears about the destruction of Bellamy, and tries to make sure they're all okay, which would lead to a reconciliation.  THAT one actually isn't a bad notion, and I might end up using it.  But the whole idea of her getting military information... that just doesn't make much sense to me.

But the real question was ideas for why Gwen would want to sleep with David again.

Eric Storm


-----
Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes
2019-Apr-23 @ 8:52 AM
thehilz
Wasted
Member since 2010-Sep-7
Posts: 228

Perhaps David finds a way to give himself semen and Gwen wants a child and ask David to be the father. And for some reason or another artificial insemination is not a option.


-----

2019-Apr-23 @ 10:49 AM
bigfoot
Inebriated
Member since 2016-May-6
Posts: 58

Like you said Eric, Ellie hated living in Callamandia but that was before she actually moved to Earth. Sometimes, the reality of a situation is far worse than the hope or the expectation. Add that to the inevitable growth that comes with being on your own, being responsible for everything, etc., and perhaps she'd view Callamandia with less hatred, particuarly if she missed her family/friends. I'm not saying it's enough for her to move back to Duggera but to perhaps to re-establish communication with her family or even occasionally visit.

As to why there would be a club in NY that caters to people from Duggera... Seriously? There is a club in my town that caters to people who dress like mascots and sing karaoke. I do not know the demographical breakdown of Duggeran citizens living in the US but if there are enough congregated around a certain area and it is known to Duggerans, the club would exist for the reason any other club exists, to make money. That Duggerans know about it and chose to be around other Duggerans is just a feature.

As to the Gwen sleeping with David question, the ONLY thing I can think of is if Gwen started questioning her relationship with Jess and wondered if she were truly 100% lesbian. Chalk it up to growing and being around other couples that are perhaps bi and wondering if she is somehow unfulfilled. The ony one she ever had bg sex with was David and he is the only one she trusts to help her figure out what's going on. Mind you, I think getting David and Gwen together again is a terrible idea, but that is the ony reason I can think of...


-----

2019-Apr-23 @ 11:04 AM
Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Member since 2006-Sep-13
Posts: 4215

...So, in the middle of a war, David is working on a potion to make himself fertile????  Why would he do this?  Why would he even do this during peace time?  He's shown no irritation at not being able to have children.

Eric Storm


-----
Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes
2019-Apr-24 @ 1:57 AM
Icehawk101
Tipsy
Member since 2017-Jan-21
Posts: 4

thehilz wrote:

Perhaps David finds a way to give himself semen and Gwen wants a child and ask David to be the father. And for some reason or another artificial insemination is not a option.

That's a bit of a stretch. And by a bit, I mean like a mile long tongue


-----

2019-Apr-24 @ 7:42 AM
thehilz
Wasted
Member since 2010-Sep-7
Posts: 228

Never said it was a potion. Just that he found a way to do it. Could be he stumbled upon something while researching for something else and files it away as something to look into if he ever wants to have a child.


-----

2019-Apr-24 @ 8:17 AM
Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Member since 2006-Sep-13
Posts: 4215

Right.  Because there are so many "let's help the demighosts" scrolls out there...

Eric Storm


-----
Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes
2019-Apr-24 @ 8:19 AM
Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Member since 2006-Sep-13
Posts: 4215

Oh, and just to nitpick the hell out of this:

David HAS semen.  He has no SPERM.  Semen is the liquid which carries the sperm.  Since I've mentioned him ejaculating, he must have semen.

:-P

Eric Storm


-----
Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes
2019-Apr-24 @ 9:56 AM
Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Member since 2006-Sep-13
Posts: 4215

Sorry I somehow missed this post.  I guess it got overlooked withe thehilz posting his... uh... notion of David fathering children.

bigfoot wrote:

Like you said Eric, Ellie hated living in Callamandia but that was before she actually moved to Earth. Sometimes, the reality of a situation is far worse than the hope or the expectation. Add that to the inevitable growth that comes with being on your own, being responsible for everything, etc., and perhaps she'd view Callamandia with less hatred, particuarly if she missed her family/friends. I'm not saying it's enough for her to move back to Duggera but to perhaps to re-establish communication with her family or even occasionally visit.

Okay, all of those "responsibility issues" would be exactly the same in Dugerra (And please start spelling the goddamned name correctly!).  Dugerra offers no freedom from her being responsible for everything, unless she were to move back in with her parents.  I cannot see her being allowed to do that, let alone wanting to.  Even if she came to realize that she was in the wrong for her behavior, I cannot imagine her wanting to live in a physical reminder of her idiocy.

Keep in mind, she started out with $10,000 and a job.  Unless she is COMPLETELY irresponsible, she's not going to be suffering financially for a while...

As to why there would be a club in NY that caters to people from Duggera... Seriously? There is a club in my town that caters to people who dress like mascots and sing karaoke. I do not know the demographical breakdown of Duggeran citizens living in the US but if there are enough congregated around a certain area and it is known to Duggerans, the club would exist for the reason any other club exists, to make money. That Duggerans know about it and chose to be around other Duggerans is just a feature.

Okay, first, there would be almost no "Dugerrans" in Earth.  There would be "wizards".  They are not the same thing.  Ellie is a Dugerran: born in Dugerra.  David is a wizard, he is NOT a Dugerran.

Now, here's the thing about the concept you're raising:  The vast, HUGE majority of wizards in Earth have no interest in Dugerra at all.  They attended school just long enough to get their wizarding license.  So there would be no market for a club that catered to an interest in Dugerra.  There would be virtually no clientele.  Now, there could be a club for wizards, and probably would be, but why would a fringe group fighting a war in Dugerra, go to an Earth night club to have their discussions?  They could meet at the public library for all anyone in Earth would care.  Or just meet at a house, hotel room, or any other place where they could talk in private.  It makes exactly zero sense for them to be visiting a place where Ellie could run into contact with them accidentally.

As to the Gwen sleeping with David question, the ONLY thing I can think of is if Gwen started questioning her relationship with Jess and wondered if she were truly 100% lesbian.

"It felt good, but it didn't feel right,"... pretty conclusive evidence there on whether she likes guys...

Chalk it up to growing and being around other couples that are perhaps bi and wondering if she is somehow unfulfilled. The ony one she ever had bg sex with was David

Not true.  I made it clear in their sex scene that she was not a virgin.

and he is the only one she trusts to help her figure out what's going on. Mind you, I think getting David and Gwen together again is a terrible idea, but that is the ony reason I can think of...

"together again" seems a stretch from "having sex one more time."  I feel as though Gwen has gotten cheated, since I'm not a fan of pure FF scenes, she's only had the one scene in seven whole books so far.

But until neolyn comes forth with the one or two ideas he said he had...  *shrugs*

Eric Storm


-----
Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes
2019-Apr-24 @ 10:33 AM
bigfoot
Inebriated
Member since 2016-May-6
Posts: 58

Apologies for the mispelling of Dugerra. I look forward to writing what I think are valid suggestions and having you shoot down each one like I'm an idiot. My mother used to do that and frankly, I miss it. Weird, huh?


-----

2019-Apr-24 @ 11:29 AM
Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Member since 2006-Sep-13
Posts: 4215

I will assume that the last was sarcasm, which leaves me with three options, one unacceptable, and two unpalatable.

First, I can take all of your ideas as the way I need to take the story.  This is simply not going to happen.
Second, I can just not respond to any of your ideas.  I consider this unconscionably rude.
Third, I can simply say, "No, your idea doesn't work," without any explanation at all.  I consider this almost as rude as not responding at all.

If you felt like I was treating you like an idiot... I'm sorry, but really, that's on you.  Did I have a problem with your idea?  Absolutely, and I told you what it was.  I do this to my reviewers constantly.  The point isn't for you to be discouraged or offended.  The point is for you to improve your idea.  Look, there's only one of us who will ever have a complete understanding of the universe in which these characters live: me.  Because I am that universe's God, I know what can and can't happen, and you don't.  Therefore, when you present an idea, I have to evaluate it against what can and can't happen.  If your idea can't happen, then it falls on me to explain why it can't happen.  Again, not to belittle you or to even make fun of your idea, but because, without that information, you can't come up with a better idea.  Look, I appreciate that you presented an idea.  I would like you to continue to do so.  I wish more people gave ideas.  But yes, when there's a problem, I'm going to say, "Okay, here's what's wrong with that idea..."

I don't even begin to claim to have a corner on ideas for my stories.  I can't count the number of reader contributions that have made it into the final versions of my books.  I make no bones about that; in fact, I welcome the input.  But I'm not going to just blithely accept any idea, and I AM going to explain why I reject an idea, because doing anything else is rude.

You have been around this site long enough by now to know that I don't do the little diplomatic dance.  I speak directly, because I find anything else both tedious and slightly dishonest.  Some people don't like that about me.  Oh well.

Eric Storm


-----
Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes
2019-Apr-24 @ 12:01 PM
Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto
Member since 2015-Feb-11
Posts: 259

Huh?  Hybrid demighost-human?  I think that would be weird, if not improbable.  Procreation for demighosts is, I'm guessing, impossible because of the curse.  Besides, a not so insignificant portion of women seeking volunteer sperm don't want to know the doners identity.

Let's not forget that demighosts are supposed to be exceedingly rare.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were less then 50 or 100 in total... and a lot of those may have been imprisoned by the Daily family.


-----

2019-Apr-24 @ 3:19 PM
bigfoot
Inebriated
Member since 2016-May-6
Posts: 58

Eric - I meant no disrespect and I've seen your response to people who argue with you. I was not doing that. You are correct in that you are the God of this Universe and what you say goes. I have absolutely no problem with that. If anything, I respect the hell out of your ability to NOT screw things up. You put a great deal of thought into your responses as well as your writing. As a fan, I've made suggestions. As a reasonably intelligent guy, I've made what I thought were good suggestions and to date, you've shot most of them down. I applaud your ability to inhabit this world while taking the time to explain to us (or, oh hell,  ME) why my ideas don't work. Do not change a thing and I apologize if my attempt at humor set you off. Peace.


-----

2019-Apr-24 @ 10:58 PM
Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Member since 2006-Sep-13
Posts: 4215

Barbarian

I don't think the scenario offered with Gwen would be considered in any way a "typical" scenario.  Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that David could find a way to father a child.  As you point out, the outcome of that is uncertain in status.  Would it be a demighost?  A regular human?  Some kind of mix?  That would be a complete unknown.  Therefore, it would be smart of Gwen to keep David in the child's life, just in case his guidance (for the child) is needed.  Plus, keep in mind that the concept included the notion that artificial insemination was, for some reason, unavailable as an option.

I'm not saying this makes sense within the world of Dugerra.  I'm just saying that the whole "wouldn't want to know the donor" thing probably wouldn't apply in this case.  Also, the reason demighosts are infertile is simply because fertility isn't a necessary function.  Demighosts are magically supported to have necessary functions.  (Before someone says it, sex is a necessary function, psychologically.  You spend eternity without that feeling of intimacy, you are going to go stark raving mad.  The drive to have children is about perpetuating your legacy.  This is hardly a problem if you never die: you ARE your legacy.)

bigfoot:  No harm, no foul.  As you say, others HAVE gotten in my face in regards to my response to their suggestion.  I didn't read your comment as humor, but a similar complaint.  Not sure whether that's my fault or yours, so we'll just call it even.  I wasn't really angered by what I thought you were saying, just somewhat distressed.  So, since it was all more or less a misunderstanding, we'll just call it water under the bridge.

(What?  What do you mean the pillars aren't shored up?  What... the water... no!  We just sent the water under the bridge!  No!  Oh, no, it's crumbling....  Oh, the humanity! .....  What?  What do you mean I'm standing on the bridge?  No, the bridge is over... there...but...goes...     Oh shit.)

smile

Eric Storm


-----
Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes
2019-Apr-25 @ 3:22 AM
darthel0101
Wasted
Member since 2013-Aug-19
Posts: 137

If I can drop 2ยข in the conversation:
1) David is no longer living.
2) Only living creatures can procreate.
3) David will not have sperm because he cannot procreate.

?? However, the concept does bring up an off-the-wall question: Ghosts are non-corporeal and do not possess DNA; does David have DNA in his physical body? If so, what purpose does it fill?

If any of the other undead - vampires (AFTER their turning), liches, doppelgangers, or zombies - have the ability to either get pregnant or cause a pregnancy, then I have misread the situation.


-----

2019-Apr-25 @ 6:06 AM
Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Member since 2006-Sep-13
Posts: 4215

Vampires have explicitly been mentioned as having children.  Lydia's mother was a vampire, which is why Lydia is a vampire, so #2 is already out the window.

David would have DNA because he has a body, and DNA is an integral part of your cells.  Since his body still has cells, he still has DNA.  We already know, however, that he does not have sperm.

And you're assuming ghosts don't have DNA.  They would not have solid DNA, but there is no reason that their incorporeal body wouldn't have incorporeal DNA.

Eric Storm


-----
Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
AMEN! >>> Word Crimes